If you’re a horror fan, chances are you like the Evil Dead trilogy – Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness.
This theatrical production takes elements from the films, adds in musical numbers, mixes in a lot of camp and comedy, and serves it up live on stage.
The basic synopsis: Five college students go to an abandoned cabin in the woods, and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them all into demons. It’s all up to Ash (an S-Mart housewares employee, turned demon killing hero), and his trusty chainsaw to save the day. Blood flies. Limbs are dismembered. Demons are telling bad jokes… and all to music.
Evil Dead: The Musical is currently appearing at Theatre Downtown from now through July 2, Thursdays through Sunday. Times for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday productions are 8:00pm. All Sunday matinees are 2:30pm.
Ticket prices vary from $16 to $22, but the first Thursday after opening (which would be this Thursday, June 9), tickets are only $10.
Theatre Downtown is located at 2113 N. Orange Ave. The box office is open Wednesdays through Saturdaysfrom 1pm-6pm, and you can call them at 407-841-0083.
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - June 23, 2017
- Hard Rock International Announces New Hotel Location in Daytona Beach - June 20, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017
- Gods & Monsters Celebrates 2nd Anniversary June 17, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Orlando United Day is a Day of Rememberance - June 12, 2017
- Bite30 Returns in June 2017 with Orlando Dining Deals - June 5, 2017
- Wild Florida Welcomes Rare White Alligators and Launches Naming Contest - June 4, 2017
- Regal Cinemas Summer Movie Express Returns June 6 Offering $1 Films for Families - June 3, 2017
- Spoleto in Winter Park Hosts Pasta Fest June 3-4 with Free Pasta and More - June 2, 2017
- Finding Neverland Flies Into the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando June 6-11, 2017 - June 1, 2017