If you’re a horror fan, chances are you like the Evil Dead trilogy – Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness.
This theatrical production takes elements from the films, adds in musical numbers, mixes in a lot of camp and comedy, and serves it up live on stage.
The basic synopsis: Five college students go to an abandoned cabin in the woods, and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them all into demons. It’s all up to Ash (an S-Mart housewares employee, turned demon killing hero), and his trusty chainsaw to save the day. Blood flies. Limbs are dismembered. Demons are telling bad jokes… and all to music.
Evil Dead: The Musical is currently appearing at Theatre Downtown from now through July 2, Thursdays through Sunday. Times for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday productions are 8:00pm. All Sunday matinees are 2:30pm.
Ticket prices vary from $16 to $22, but the first Thursday after opening (which would be this Thursday, June 9), tickets are only $10.
Theatre Downtown is located at 2113 N. Orange Ave. The box office is open Wednesdays through Saturdaysfrom 1pm-6pm, and you can call them at 407-841-0083.
- Out and About: Christmas Comes to Gaylord Palms - November 21, 2017
- Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando November 23-26, 2017 - November 19, 2017
- The Status of CitySurfingOrlando.com - November 15, 2017
- The Phantom Returns in Love Never Dies at Dr Phillips Center Nov 21-26, 2017 - November 14, 2017
- Festival Of Trees Kickstarts The Holidays At Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 11-19, 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Out and About: The Glass Knife Debuts in Winter Park - November 9, 2017
- Out and About: Fresh Kitchen Opens in Waterford Lakes - November 3, 2017
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Welcomes Back Bill Maher July 8, 2017 - June 19, 2017