Anyone familiar with rock music of the 60s and 70s knows the name Roger McGuinn. Founder of the legendary band, The Byrds, McGuinn hit the charts several times with classics like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Turn, Turn, Turn.”
To kick off their new travelling exhibit “Guitar: the Instrument that Rocked the World,” which starts June 11, the Orlando Science Center will host a special evening with Roger McGuinn on June 10.
The event will begin at 7pm with a cocktail reception, followed by McGuinn appearing in a “storyteller” setting where he will talk about his songs and perform a select few.
McGuinn will also be honored for his contributions to the music industry by the National Guitar Museum.
Following this, guests will be allowed an early preview of the “Guitar…” exhibit before it opens to the public.
Tickets are $50 per person for An Evening with Roger McGuinn, with proceeds going to support the Orlando Science Center. Purchase tickets online, or by calling Janine Black at 407-514-2272.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street.
- 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo Teams with Free School’s Out Blow Out June 2-3, 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Science Night Live! Craft Beer Edition June 3, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Out and About: Nine Spices Serves Up Delicious Hotpot Near Universal Orlando - May 23, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida to Offer $99 Annual Awesomer Pass Sale May 26-29, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up May 21, 2017: Portobello, The Halal Guys, Tijuana Flats - May 21, 2017
- The Shining is Coming to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 27 - May 20, 2017
- Sesame Street Land is Coming to SeaWorld Orlando By Fall 2022 - May 19, 2017
- Ace Cafe Orlando Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 19-21, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Orlando Fringe Festival Returns To Amaze And Entertain May 16-29, 2017 - May 14, 2017
- Orlando Thanks Visitors in a Guinness World Records Way for Making it No. 1 Destination in U.S. #OrlandosBIGThankYou - May 13, 2017