Anyone familiar with rock music of the 60s and 70s knows the name Roger McGuinn. Founder of the legendary band, The Byrds, McGuinn hit the charts several times with classics like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Turn, Turn, Turn.”
To kick off their new travelling exhibit “Guitar: the Instrument that Rocked the World,” which starts June 11, the Orlando Science Center will host a special evening with Roger McGuinn on June 10.
The event will begin at 7pm with a cocktail reception, followed by McGuinn appearing in a “storyteller” setting where he will talk about his songs and perform a select few.
McGuinn will also be honored for his contributions to the music industry by the National Guitar Museum.
Following this, guests will be allowed an early preview of the “Guitar…” exhibit before it opens to the public.
Tickets are $50 per person for An Evening with Roger McGuinn, with proceeds going to support the Orlando Science Center. Purchase tickets online, or by calling Janine Black at 407-514-2272.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street.
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Bring Soul2Soul World Tour to Central Florida Oct 2017 - September 26, 2017
- Out and About: Eating All the Burgers at the #OrlandoBurgerBattle at Ace Cafe Orlando - September 25, 2017
- Artlando Takes Over Loch Haven Park in Orlando Sept 30 - September 24, 2017
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017