Anyone familiar with rock music of the 60s and 70s knows the name Roger McGuinn. Founder of the legendary band, The Byrds, McGuinn hit the charts several times with classics like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Turn, Turn, Turn.”
To kick off their new travelling exhibit “Guitar: the Instrument that Rocked the World,” which starts June 11, the Orlando Science Center will host a special evening with Roger McGuinn on June 10.
The event will begin at 7pm with a cocktail reception, followed by McGuinn appearing in a “storyteller” setting where he will talk about his songs and perform a select few.
McGuinn will also be honored for his contributions to the music industry by the National Guitar Museum.
Following this, guests will be allowed an early preview of the “Guitar…” exhibit before it opens to the public.
Tickets are $50 per person for An Evening with Roger McGuinn, with proceeds going to support the Orlando Science Center. Purchase tickets online, or by calling Janine Black at 407-514-2272.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street.
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017
- D23: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios - July 18, 2017