Travelocity recently named Orlando as the #1 destination for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend. If you’re going to be in town, here’s a list of some of the celebrations happening.
- Red, Hot and Boom takes place Sunday, July 3, at Crane’s Roost Park. This annual fireworks show is enhanced by an all-day concert presented by WXXL-fm radio. This year’s musical line-up includes Paper Tongues, Mat Kearney, Shontelle, Cody Simpson, Hot Chelle Rae and All Star Weekend. The concert starts at 4pm and the fireworks at 9:30pm, but if you want a place to sit anywhere, you’d best get there in the early am because this free show is usually attended by over 100,000 people.
- The city starts with a Fourth of July parade at 9am. The festivities resume at 5pm with Celebration Town Center’s “A Flashback 4th of July,” an 80’s-themed event featuring music from that decade played by Kattyshack and a live DJ, headlined at 8:30pm by A Flock of Seagulls. Fireworks are at 9:30pm, and the whole event is hosted by actor Justin Smith (“Vampire Diaries”; Meet the Spartans). It’s free to attend.
- The City of Orlando is hosting the annual Fireworks at the Fountain from 4pm to 10pm on July 4. There will be food, live entertainment and fun for the whole family, around Lake Eola Park, culminating with fireworks at 9:30pm.
- A special performance of the “Reflections” show featuring expanded fireworks set to patriotic music will start after dusk. Free with park admission.
- The Fourth of July celebrations will start with a sunrise hot air balloon launch at the lakefront. It will resume at noon with live entertainment, games, kids events and more. The city of St. Cloud will then launch fireworks over the lake at 9:30pm, for this day-long free event.
- On July 4, the Studios side of Universal Orlando will present the Universal360 show, starting at 9pm at the lagoon. Margaritaville’s Blue Stone Circle will also be performing from 5pm on at the Music Plaza Stage inside the park. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Magic Kingdom:
- The park will present a special showing of “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” fireworks at 9pm on July 3 and July 4. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- DHS presents “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” with fireworks and a special light show set to live music performed by Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, starting at 9:45pm on July 4. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Epcot:
- The park’s regular “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” laser light and fireworks show will be extended with “The Heartbeat of Freedom,” a special overture of traditional Americana themes, July 4, starting at 10pm. Free with park admission.
- Out and About: Taste! Central Florida Offers Great Food and Drink for a Local Cause - August 22, 2017
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017