Car Masters Weekend Rolls into Downtown Disney May 13-15, 2011
Very few people I know can’t appreciate a good vintage car – especially the old muscle cars. If that includes you, then you’ll want to head over to Walt Disney World this weekend for the Car Masters Weekend.
From 10:30am to 6pm Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 15, muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade, alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built.
Of course Disney will tie in the exhibition to the upcoming release of “Cars 2“, which hits theaters on June 24. Characters like star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile will be brought to life so fans can “meet” them face-to-face.
Other activities will include a Classic Car Show on Saturday and Sunday, judged by Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, as well as other “Cars 2”-themed activities (a video kiosk, games and giveaways that offer 18,000 prizes, including a new car).
The original “Cars” movie will also have a limited-engagement showing at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 throughout the weekend. Speaking of movies, don’t forget about the special free sneak preview of the AMC 24’s new Dine-In Theaters on Friday, May 13.
This sounds like a fun, low-cost (it’s free!) weekend event for the whole family. I’m definitely going to check it out.
- Marlow’s Tavern Debuts New Spring Menu at Central Florida Locations - May 2, 2016
- Sunset Music Fest Kicks Off Summer in Tampa Memorial Weekend - May 1, 2016
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2016 - May 1, 2016
- Invictus Games Orlando 2016 Announce Opening and Closing Ceremonies Guests - April 30, 2016
- Out and About: Ted Baker Now Open at Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland - April 30, 2016
- Orlando Dining Round-Up April 29, 2016: King Bao, Four Seasons Orlando, Soupa Saiyan - April 29, 2016
- Bring the Family to The Octonauts Live! at Dr Phillips Center Dec 3 - April 29, 2016
- Beautiful – The Carole King Musical Plays Dr Phillips Center May 3-8 - April 28, 2016
- Out and About: The Meatball Stoppe Offers Traditional Italian with a Twist - April 28, 2016
- SeaWorld Partners with Guy Harvey For Ocean Health And Shark Conservation - April 28, 2016