Car Masters Weekend Rolls into Downtown Disney May 13-15, 2011
Very few people I know can’t appreciate a good vintage car – especially the old muscle cars. If that includes you, then you’ll want to head over to Walt Disney World this weekend for the Car Masters Weekend.
From 10:30am to 6pm Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 15, muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade, alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built.
Of course Disney will tie in the exhibition to the upcoming release of “Cars 2“, which hits theaters on June 24. Characters like star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile will be brought to life so fans can “meet” them face-to-face.
Other activities will include a Classic Car Show on Saturday and Sunday, judged by Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, as well as other “Cars 2”-themed activities (a video kiosk, games and giveaways that offer 18,000 prizes, including a new car).
The original “Cars” movie will also have a limited-engagement showing at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 throughout the weekend. Speaking of movies, don’t forget about the special free sneak preview of the AMC 24’s new Dine-In Theaters on Friday, May 13.
This sounds like a fun, low-cost (it’s free!) weekend event for the whole family. I’m definitely going to check it out.
- Additional Fun & Tasty Orlando Taste of the Nation Fundraising Events #OrlTaste - July 23, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 22, 2016: Emeril’s Orlando, DoveCote, Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops - July 22, 2016
- Orlando Taste of the Nation Returns Aug 27 with Great Food for a Great Cause #OrlTaste - July 21, 2016
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong Officially Opens at Universal Orlando - July 20, 2016
- #DisneyParksLIVE to Stream Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks July 18 - July 18, 2016
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day at These Six Orlando Shops - July 17, 2016
- Eat to the Beat Bands Revealed for 21st Epcot Food & Wine Festival - July 16, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up July 15, 2016: Polite Pig, Homecoming Florida Kitchen, House of Pho - July 15, 2016
- I Love the 90’s Tour Comes to Amway Center Dec 3 - July 14, 2016
- Acclaimed Violinist Lindsey Stirling to Play Bob Carr Theater Oct 29 - July 13, 2016