Car Masters Weekend Rolls into Downtown Disney May 13-15, 2011
Very few people I know can’t appreciate a good vintage car – especially the old muscle cars. If that includes you, then you’ll want to head over to Walt Disney World this weekend for the Car Masters Weekend.
From 10:30am to 6pm Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 15, muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade, alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built.
Of course Disney will tie in the exhibition to the upcoming release of “Cars 2“, which hits theaters on June 24. Characters like star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile will be brought to life so fans can “meet” them face-to-face.
Other activities will include a Classic Car Show on Saturday and Sunday, judged by Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, as well as other “Cars 2″-themed activities (a video kiosk, games and giveaways that offer 18,000 prizes, including a new car).
The original “Cars” movie will also have a limited-engagement showing at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 throughout the weekend. Speaking of movies, don’t forget about the special free sneak preview of the AMC 24’s new Dine-In Theaters on Friday, May 13.
This sounds like a fun, low-cost (it’s free!) weekend event for the whole family. I’m definitely going to check it out.
- St. Johns River Festival of the Arts Returns to Downtown Sanford May 2-3, 2015 - April 27, 2015
- Four Seasons Orlando Makes Conde Nast Traveler’s The 2015 Hot List - April 26, 2015
- LEGOLAND Hotel to Open May 15 at LEGOLAND Florida - April 26, 2015
- American Ninja Warrior Show to Film at Universal Orlando in May 2015 - April 25, 2015
- Out and About: Artegon Marketplace Offers a Place to Shop and Support Local Businesses - April 25, 2015
- SeaWorld Orlando Teases New Rollercoaster for 2016 #nothingfaster - April 24, 2015
- Sounds Like Summer Tribute Concert Series Returns to Epcot Starting June 7, 2015 - April 24, 2015
- Trilogy Orlando Hosts The Good Life Festival with Blood, Sweat & Tears, Bo Bice, and Lou Gramm April 25 - April 23, 2015
- Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen and The Brewery Opens at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes - April 23, 2015
- Out and About: Peter Hook Brings Joy Division and New Order Favorites to Plaza Live Orlando - April 22, 2015