Very few people I know can’t appreciate a good vintage car – especially the old muscle cars. If that includes you, then you’ll want to head over to Walt Disney World this weekend for the Car Masters Weekend.
From 10:30am to 6pm Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 15, muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade, alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built.
Of course Disney will tie in the exhibition to the upcoming release of “Cars 2“, which hits theaters on June 24. Characters like star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile will be brought to life so fans can “meet” them face-to-face.
Other activities will include a Classic Car Show on Saturday and Sunday, judged by Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, as well as other “Cars 2”-themed activities (a video kiosk, games and giveaways that offer 18,000 prizes, including a new car).
The original “Cars” movie will also have a limited-engagement showing at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 throughout the weekend. Speaking of movies, don’t forget about the special free sneak preview of the AMC 24’s new Dine-In Theaters on Friday, May 13.
This sounds like a fun, low-cost (it’s free!) weekend event for the whole family. I’m definitely going to check it out.
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017