Ever wonder about what happened in the land of Oz before Dorothy and Toto dropped in? Wicked is that story.
A winner of 35 major awards, including three Tonys and a Grammy, Wicked tells the story of two witches, who start out as friends. One is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The other, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, yet misunderstood.
The musical follows them as they grow up, grow apart, and grow into Glinda the Good and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked was an immediate sensation when it debuted in 2004 on Broadway, and it continues to be a big hit. It’s based on the 1995 best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire.
As part of the Broadway Across America series, Wicked has come to Orlando for a five-week run at the Bob Carr P.A.C. in downtown Orlando.
Wicked runs until March 27, 2011, with daily shows, except for Mondays, when the show is dark. There are also afternoon matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, perfect for families.
Ticket prices range from $42 to $150 (plus tax and Ticketmaster fees). Those that feel lucky, however, can wait until the day of the show they want to see and enter the daily lottery for a chance to purchase orchestra seats at $25, cash only. Simply show up at the Bob Carr P.A.C. box office in person, two-and-a-half hours early, and enter your name. If you win, you can purchase up to two tickets at the discounted price.
Not sure if the show is for you? Check out this trailer for Wicked:
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers and Their Monster Trucks on January 19 For Free - January 18, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Billy Crystal Feb 1 - January 16, 2017
- Out and About: Wicked Casts Its Magic Over the Dr Phillips Center - January 13, 2017
- Praise Wave Christian Music Fest Returns to SeaWorld Orlando January 2017 - January 12, 2017
- U2: The Joshua Tree Tour Hits Florida for Two Shows Summer 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Florida Georgia Line to Play Amway Center January 28 - January 9, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Presents An Evening with Elayne Boosler March 8 - January 8, 2017
- Billy Joel to Rock Amway Center in Orlando January 27 - January 7, 2017
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up January 6 2017: The Meatball Stoppe, Culver’s, PB&G at Four Seasons - January 6, 2017
- Wicked Returns to Dr Phillips Center Jan 11-29 - January 5, 2017