Ever wonder about what happened in the land of Oz before Dorothy and Toto dropped in? Wicked is that story.
A winner of 35 major awards, including three Tonys and a Grammy, Wicked tells the story of two witches, who start out as friends. One is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The other, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, yet misunderstood.
The musical follows them as they grow up, grow apart, and grow into Glinda the Good and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked was an immediate sensation when it debuted in 2004 on Broadway, and it continues to be a big hit. It’s based on the 1995 best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire.
As part of the Broadway Across America series, Wicked has come to Orlando for a five-week run at the Bob Carr P.A.C. in downtown Orlando.
Wicked runs until March 27, 2011, with daily shows, except for Mondays, when the show is dark. There are also afternoon matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, perfect for families.
Ticket prices range from $42 to $150 (plus tax and Ticketmaster fees). Those that feel lucky, however, can wait until the day of the show they want to see and enter the daily lottery for a chance to purchase orchestra seats at $25, cash only. Simply show up at the Bob Carr P.A.C. box office in person, two-and-a-half hours early, and enter your name. If you win, you can purchase up to two tickets at the discounted price.
Not sure if the show is for you? Check out this trailer for Wicked:
- D23: New Entertainment Theater to Debut at Magic Kingdom - July 22, 2017
- D23: Disney Announces Official Name for Star Wars Lands at the Parks - July 21, 2017
- D23: Toy Story Land to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2018 - July 21, 2017
- D23: Star Wars Resort Announced for Walt Disney World - July 20, 2017
- D23: Ratatouille Attraction Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot By 2021 - July 20, 2017
- Shepherd’s Hope to Offer Free Back-to-School Physicals for Children July 31-Aug 10 - July 19, 2017
- D23: New Disney Skyliner to Transport Guests at Walt Disney World - July 19, 2017
- Breaking News: The Great Movie Ride to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios August 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra October 8, 2017 - July 18, 2017
- Breaking News: Universe of Energy to Close at Epcot August 2017 - July 18, 2017