Ever wonder about what happened in the land of Oz before Dorothy and Toto dropped in? Wicked is that story.
A winner of 35 major awards, including three Tonys and a Grammy, Wicked tells the story of two witches, who start out as friends. One is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The other, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, yet misunderstood.
The musical follows them as they grow up, grow apart, and grow into Glinda the Good and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked was an immediate sensation when it debuted in 2004 on Broadway, and it continues to be a big hit. It’s based on the 1995 best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire.
As part of the Broadway Across America series, Wicked has come to Orlando for a five-week run at the Bob Carr P.A.C. in downtown Orlando.
Wicked runs until March 27, 2011, with daily shows, except for Mondays, when the show is dark. There are also afternoon matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, perfect for families.
Ticket prices range from $42 to $150 (plus tax and Ticketmaster fees). Those that feel lucky, however, can wait until the day of the show they want to see and enter the daily lottery for a chance to purchase orchestra seats at $25, cash only. Simply show up at the Bob Carr P.A.C. box office in person, two-and-a-half hours early, and enter your name. If you win, you can purchase up to two tickets at the discounted price.
Not sure if the show is for you? Check out this trailer for Wicked:
- Meet Stars of Sci-Fi/Horror/Comics at MegaCon Tampa Bay Sept 29-Oct 1 - September 23, 2017
- $10 Day Returns To Orlando Science Center On Sept 24, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Boo To You Parade from Magic Kingdom Sept 22 - September 21, 2017
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Month to Oct 12 Due to Hurricane Irma - September 20, 2017
- Willie Nelson and Family to Play Dr Phillips Center October 15, 2017 - September 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Presents Spooky Day in the Parks Sept 22-24, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Extreme Sept 21, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Offering BOGO Tickets Through September 17, 2017 - September 13, 2017
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Presents Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Dr Phillips Center October 8, 2017 - September 12, 2017
- Theme Park and Attraction Openings After Hurricane Irma *UPDATED Sept 15* - September 11, 2017