While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- Monster Jam Tickets On Sale for 2017 Orlando Show - September 28, 2016
- Franklin’s Friends Hosts Howl-O-Ween Dog Walk Oct 22, 2016 - September 26, 2016
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular Brings Family Fun to Orlando Weekends in October - September 25, 2016
- ARTlando 2016 Returns to Orlando for Free Show Oct 1 - September 24, 2016
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida for Halloween Fun for Families #BuiltForKids - September 24, 2016
- Halo Circus feat. Allison Iraheta to Rock Will’s Pub October 5 - September 23, 2016
- Orlando Dining News Round-Up Sept 23, 2016: 4 Rivers, Da Kine Poke, Gringos Locos - September 23, 2016
- Sully Erna Brings Hometown Tour to Plaza Live! Orlando in October - September 22, 2016
- Ribs & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern - September 21, 2016
- First Sneak Peek of LEGOLAND Florida’s Upcoming Beach Retreat Resort #BuiltForKids - September 21, 2016