While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- WonderGround Gallery Expansion Holds Grand Opening at Downtown Disney Marketplace March 6-7, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Dickey’s Barbeque Pit Opens Newest Orlando Area Restaurant With 3-Day Blowout Starting March 5 - March 4, 2015
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Offers Flora, Food, and Fun through May 17, 2015 - March 4, 2015
- Emily Kopp Returns to Orlando for a Show at BackBooth March 6, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Toby Keith and Lynyrd Skynyrd Headline First Weekend of Bands, Brew & BBQ at SeaWorld Orlando March 7-8, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Hosts Veuve Clicquot Champagne Dinner March 19, 2015 - March 3, 2015
- Blues Artist Ray Bonneville to Play Free Show at House of Blues Orlando March 7, 2015 - March 2, 2015
- Kevin Hart Adds Second Show to Orlando and Tampa Tour Dates - March 2, 2015
- Planet Hollywood Orlando to Undergo Disney Springs Transformation - March 1, 2015
- Downtown Disney Food Trucks to Offer New Menu Items - March 1, 2015