While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- Invictus Games Orlando 2016 Announce Opening and Closing Ceremonies Guests - April 30, 2016
- Out and About: Ted Baker Now Open at Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland - April 30, 2016
- Orlando Dining Round-Up April 29, 2016: King Bao, Four Seasons Orlando, Soupa Saiyan - April 29, 2016
- Bring the Family to The Octonauts Live! at Dr Phillips Center Dec 3 - April 29, 2016
- Beautiful – The Carole King Musical Plays Dr Phillips Center May 3-8 - April 28, 2016
- Out and About: The Meatball Stoppe Offers Traditional Italian with a Twist - April 28, 2016
- SeaWorld Partners with Guy Harvey For Ocean Health And Shark Conservation - April 28, 2016
- Morimoto Asia Wins Design Award for Architecture - April 27, 2016
- Out and About: Gardell Brothers Brick Oven Pizza in Hunter’s Creek - April 27, 2016
- Universal Orlando Announces The Exorcist for Halloween Horror Nights 26 #HHN26 - April 26, 2016