While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- Columbia and Challenger Memorial Opens at Kennedy Space Center - July 6, 2015
- Out and About: Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Holds 4th of July Party All Weekend - July 5, 2015
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill Abruptly Closes at Artegon Marketplace - July 5, 2015
- The Orlando Eye Resumes Operations After Temporary Shut-Down - July 4, 2015
- Day Trip to St. Augustine – Dinner at A1A Ale Works and a Bryan Adams Concert - July 4, 2015
- Walt Disney World to Live Stream 4th of July Fireworks from Magic Kingdom - July 3, 2015
- Celebrate the Fourth of Jul-Eye With $4 Kids Rides and More at The Orlando Eye - July 3, 2015
- Winn-Dixie to Donate 4th of July Profits to The Wounded Warrior Project - July 2, 2015
- Aquatica Orlando Heats Up Summer with Island Nights Starting July 3 - July 2, 2015
- Runaway Country Announces Headliners for Inaugural Kissimmee 2016 Concert - July 1, 2015